CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 14, 2011

Butternut Squash

Butternut Squash!

Ok....I never knew what to do with these things! But I am really starting to cook them different ways & I LOVE them!!!

Today while my sister was over, I skinned my squash and took the seeds out of the round bottoms (lol those were a surprise the first time I cut one up). 

I then cut them into fry size slices (maybe a bit larger). 

I sprayed a cookie sheet and laid them on.  

Then gave them a quick squirt of spray butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar!  

Popped them in the oven at 350* and cooked them for about 15 min depending on how think you cut them - they might need longer (lol we had 4 kids running around under 4 so not 100% sure on time).  

When they were soft I took them out!  A sweet treat!!!  I am a sucker for sweet potatoes - so this was right up my alley!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments mean a lot to me!! Please let me know what you think!!