Stress is a big factor in weight loss. I know personally when life gets really hard, stress eating, not working out, and wanting to hide in bed become more apparent in my life. (Although now that I have two little ones, hiding in bed doesn’t get to happen…which is probably a good thing!!!) I think for my family, as well as many others….financial stress is one of the biggest obstacles we face. Why does it always seem like more is going out – then coming in. Trying to catch up once you get behind is not only stressful, but can be scary! As a young couple with medical bills (from $300,000 preemie to cancer/chemo bills to getting tonsils out) we know the strain of unexpected bills!
There are two options:
- Ignore it –keep living how we are – eat lots of chocolate cake – lose sleep & pray that we win the lottery before we drowned.
- Accept it – realize that these were unexpected uncontrollable situations – cling to each other & our faith – continue working on our health (so we lessen the chances of future bills and help with easing the stress ) and make some changes!
I know we are not alone! I am not airing dirty laundry….we are not drowning yet…..we are just at a point of making more positive changes! As I share my story wanting to encourage others, I want people to know that they are not alone in this situation as well! Growing up is about learning…..and we are learning everyday! My hubby and I are really working on our physical health, now we are moving on to financial health!
A few friends of mine are having lots of success with Dave Ramsey's - Total Money Makeover! I have the book and have been reading it! We are going to give it a try! If you are looking at making some changes…..check it out!
What It's AboutDave condenses his 17 years of financial teaching and counseling into 7 organized, easy-to-follow steps that will lead you out of debt and into a Total Money Makeover. Plus, you’ll read over 50 real-life stories from people just like you who have followed these principles and are now winning with their money. It is a plan designed for everyone, regardless of income or age.
With The Total Money Makeover, you'll be able to:
- Design a sure-fire plan for paying off ALL debt
- Recognize the 10 most dangerous money myths
- Secure a big, fat nest egg for emergencies and retirement
- Positively change your life and your family tree!