CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 19, 2011

Treadmill


 

You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith – Mary Manin Morrissey.

I was walking on the treadmill this morning at the Y.  (I like to make the machine have a big incline with a pretty decent walking pace.)  As I got into my workout I increased my speed.  I soon realized that if I only would run rather than struggle to walk fast enough to try and keep up, then I would have such an easier time.  As that thought crept in, so did the fear!  I have never actually run on the treadmill before.  I am not a runner, I have never liked to run, but it just seemed silly to struggle walking fast.  It might sound funny, but I felt like a child learning to walk – I really wanted to take the step but I had fear.  I was so afraid that I would either fly off the machine, not be able to do it, and/or make a fool out of myself.   I finally took that step, and did it!  Now, I didn’t last as long as I would like to running, but that will come!  I took that step! 

It might sound funny, but taking that first step in the direction of our goals is always the hardest!  I might not get to my goals the way I picture, but I will not let fear keep me from finding a way to reach them!  I have all the faith in the world! 

5 comments:

Crafty and Green said...

Wish I could have been there for that this morning! Silly sick me!! I'll run with you!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Lots of wisdom this morning. Good for you.
Thanks for sharing.

shalinil said...

The knowledge you provide is a real asset we have. Keep on posting such valuable articles. I like your blog.
Treadmill India

A Fat Girl At Me said...

Thanks so much! Each day I am learning more and more about myself - and really growing into the person I am suppose to be! So blessed!!!

Treadmill Online said...

it is great post, it helped us. i have one query, best treadmill onlilne in india our best marketplace for from any requirement treadmill website like http://www.treadmillonline.in

Post a Comment

Your Comments mean a lot to me!! Please let me know what you think!!