CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wake up!



(Besides my step kids who are 9 & 11) My oldest is four!  I have never been a morning person, and thankfully she hasn’t either.  She has always been on my schedule staying up late and then sleeping in.  It worked for us, but then my son came along and turned my world upside down.  Unlike my daughter who slowly wakes up, needs cuddle time, and takes awhile to want breakfast; from the moment his feet hit the floor he is on the move! He wants to play, make noise, and eat right away! 

I have always dreaded mornings! I do not like to be woken up and then have to quickly function!  So, needless to say I have been a grumpy mommy until I have downed like a pot of coffee!

It has only taken me 4 years, but I think I might be starting to figure this out…..get up before the kids!  (Not always easy, because my little man tends to start calling me 5 minutes before my alarm goes off!)    But, I am noticing that if I get up & shower, my mornings tend to be easier and less rushed! Getting up and taking a few minutes of me time before I play mom has been a big help in my attitude.   Now I am still late for everything, but I am a happier mommy. 

There is a “part two” to getting up earlier.
Working out!!!  I have noticed that since I have been working out, and working on becoming healthier with diet, it is easier to wake up early.  Now I don’t jump up at the first alarm, but I only have to hit the snooze button a few times!  It is amazing how working out, gives me more energy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments mean a lot to me!! Please let me know what you think!!